Tuesday, July 11, 2017





It's early and I'm awake.  It's still dark outside and I'm sitting here thinking about how I have to say goodbye to the girls in Girls Club later.
I live a life of goodbyes.  It started over 11 years ago when Travis and I crossed the ocean to come here.  It has not been easy but then again you start getting used to it.  You get used to ignoring the discomfort of all those goodbyes.

We have hosted over 50 people in our house over the past year and half.  My girls have learned, as well, the pains of saying goodbye.  Savannah said to me the other day as she was trying to hold back her tears, "why do we always meet such great people and then they have to leave"?

Jesus told Mathew to Follow Him, and I'm pretty sure he got up and followed Jesus without looking back.  Travis and I are passionate about Following Jesus. He has taken us on an amazing ride of faith and we have not looked back and regretted one minute of it.

William Carey said, "Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." When that is your goal, your life will be an adventure and you will see God do great things as you offer your life for His service.
i My husband and I attempted something big for God, we built a school in the Maasai Mara and opened a Home for needy kids.  God is doing great things just as we expected Him to, and I want you to know that HE gives you the strength and never leaves you on your own.  To God belongs ALL the glory.

Pray for me please as we are preparing to go on a 7 month furlough.  This will be the first time I will have to say goodbye to 8 sweet little children who call me Mom.  I know they will be fine here because I serve a great God who loves them and will protect them...but, this mama's heart is hurting at the thoughts of those goodbyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment