Friday, July 15, 2016


Recently, I was at Ladies Bible study getting ready to teach. First we sing then it's open for whomever would like to share a testimony.  One lady had something to share.  She told us that life has been hard for her, that her husband died and that recently her last cow died.  She was in despair and told her children there was no hope to live any longer  and that she might as well burn her house and all that is in it.
She went on to say that her son, who is a believer and a part of our church, told her that there was hope in God.  She said he encouraged her to be strong and not give up.   
My heart was so burdened after she shared that it was difficult for me to teach.
I spoke to the lady the next day to try to encourage her again to be strong in Jesus.  She proceeded to tell me that the teaching in the church and various encouragements from people in the church have been a huge blessing to her.
I think she is starting to see the light from her dark place. God is good to draw us close and open our eyes to His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment